Have your MS Office Word file got corrupted!! Word file becomes inaccessible and showing error message while trying to open it!! Word file documents exhibits such behaviors when it is corrupted due to any external or internal causes. Corrupted Word files shows incorrect formatting and layouts, unreadable characters on the screen and error messages while accessing. Also, the computer stops responding when you load or view the Word file or shows any other unusual behavior if the Word file is corrupted.
Possible error messages you may get while trying to access the corrupt Word files
Damaged Word files may pop out the following error messages while trying to open them
- “The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document.”
- “Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges.”
- “Word cannot open the document.”
When you come across the above said error messages then it is obvious that the Word file is corrupted and it cannot be opened. You may think of manual methods to fix these issues, but it may not recover the files or give you partial recovery.
Scenarios of Word file corruption
- Bad Sectors
Due to ageing of hard drives and other storage devices, bad sectors may develop. Word files residing in those devices may get damaged due to the increase of bad sectors
- Interruption of Word file transfer
Interrupting the transfer process due to sudden shutdown of system or by removing the external device abruptly while the Word document is being transferred from one device to another may corrupt the file and makes it inaccessible
- Frequent conversion of Word file
Converting the Word file using unreliable third party software often to different formats like PDF or text document may cause corruption and the file may refuses to open.
- Macro Virus Infection
Macro viruses have the potential to damage Word document and other computer software. Macro Virus infection can affect the functioning of Word files
To overcome all the above said and other scenarios which are responsible for Wordfile corruption, you need an efficient repair tool. Remo Repair Word is one such tool which overcomes corruption problems and repairs the damaged Word files efficiently by creating a healthy new file.
Remo Repair Word– Tool to Repair Corrupted Word Files
Remo Repair Word is read only software which scans the Word files with .doc and .docx extensions and repairs the corrupted file and generates new healthy file. Process of repair involves
- Taking out all the data from the corrupted Word file
- The extracted data is saved to a new healthy file
- Carries out the repair process and fixes the damaged part of the file
Throughout the process the original file is kept safe as it is the read only software and also the process is carried out in the new file. The advantage of using Remo software is it repairs and recovers the Word files along with text, formatting, OLE objects, and fields including hyperlinks from corrupt DOC files.
Features of Remo Repair Word Tool
- It has advanced repair engine which repairs Word files with fast approach
- It has self descriptive and user friendly interface, as it doesn’t need any expertise to use the software and carry out the repair process
- It will repair and recover Word file corrupted due to any complex errors like Computer virus, header corruption, power failure etc.
- The repaired file can be evaluated using preview option before saving it
- The recovered file can be stored to CD/DVD or to any other external storage device etc
Versions of Windows Operating System Supported by Remo Repair Word
Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008
MS Office versions supported – Microsoft Office 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office 365
Caveats to Remember to avoid Word file corruption
- Avoid improper termination of Word document application
- Take periodical backup of data stored in hard drive
- Do not interrupt while the Word file is being transferred from one device to another
- Converting the format of Word file often may damage the file hence it should be avoided
To know more details about how to recover corrupt Word files using Remo Repair Word tool refer to following link http://www.remosoftware.com/recover-corrupt-word-file