When an external drive is not recognized by Windows OS, it probably says that there is no disk in the drive when you try to access it on your PC. In another case, it doesn’t show up on computer. Even after disconnecting and reconnecting the drive nothing will be displayed on your screen as it won’t be recognized by the list of drives connected to your system. Hence, you will come across error message stating “Device not detected”. Thinking, what makes your hard drive unrecognized? Here are some of the common scenarios that make your hard drive unrecognized:
- If external hard drives turns RAW then you cannot access it and it becomes unrecognized
- Increase in the number of bad sectors on the hard drive
- Abrupt termination of external drives while transferring files
- Improper way of partitioning external HDD
- Hard drive file system corruption
- Errors in registry directory
- Manufacture defects in HDD
- Unplugging the hard drive from the PC without performing the “Safely Remove” check
In above such situations question arises, is it possible to restore data from unrecognized external drive? In case, if you have an habit of maintaining updated backup of files stored on external drive to any other device then no need to worry. But, you fail to take backup unless you encounter data loss. Well, you need not be sad, this article provides ways to resolve external hard drive not showing up issues and make it accessible. Yes! Remo has come up with Hard Drive Recovery tool to retrieve data from undetectable external HDD in ample of seconds.
Simple steps to recover data from unrecognized drive
During recovery, Remo Hard Drive Recovery tool scans the entire undetected external HDD and extracts every bit of data from it. Whatever might be the reason for data loss, you can restore data from it easily with the help of its user-friendly interface. Besides, this tool lets you to get back files from formatted, reformatted, corrupted, missing, deleted from hard drives and even supports recovery of data from missing partitions, crashed hard drives, hard drive which fails to boot and so on. This tool doesn’t alter or modify the data in the entire recovery process as its works on read only mode. Besides, this tool comes handy when data loss occurs while reformatting the drive, boot sector corruption, accidental deletion of files using Shift + Delete keys or wrong usage of Cut and Paste command, etc. Compatible on all latest versions of Windows OS including Windows 10 and Mac OS which includes EI Capitan, Mavericks, Yosemite and so on.
Why Remo Hard Drive Recovery tool?
- Apart from external drive, this tool can also be used to get back files from other storage devices like internal hard drives, SSD drives, memory cards, USB drives, iPod’s etc.
- Data recovery is possible from HFS+, HFSX for Mac system and FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, exFAT for Windows system.
- If there are bad sectors on the drive then the tool creates Disk Image option to bypass the bad sectors later you can restore data from these disk images.
- Lets you to arrange recovered files on the basis of file name, size, date and type
- You can save disk space by compressing the recovered data and then save it on a destination of your choice.
- Supports various external HDD brands such as Seagate, Kingston, Western Digital, Toshiba, LaCie, Transcend Storejet, Asus, Buffalo, SanDisk and many more…