You have downloaded your favorite movie file. Everything was fine until downloading and saving MOV files on particular location on your PC but later when you try to play, it refuses by showing some error message like “The movie could not be opened. The file is not a movie file” etc. when played on any media player. All these issues indicate corruption of your video file.
Yes! Often we come across such similar situation when movie files are corrupted. There are many reasons for corruption of movie files. Regardless of any reason, you can fix movie files and make them playable again by installing this MOV repair tool designed by Remo which fixes videos on various HD cameras, mobiles etc in a simple way.
Working of Remo Repair MOV
Remo Repair MOV is the advanced repair application which analyses the video, separates out audio & video streams to identify the issue, fixes them and then adjoins the streams to create a new healthy playable MOV or MP4 file. Since the software is read-only, it repairs corrupt video without editing or causing further damage to the original file. The tool fixes MOV or MP4 videos securely on smartphone, camcorders, cameras, iPhones of various brands in span of seconds.
- In addition tool supports some audio codecs like avc1, mp4v, mjpeg and video codecs such as sowt, RAW, mp4a.
- Application supports repairing of video files from various camera brands like Sony, Kodak, Panasonic, Fujistu, GoPro and many more.
- Safely fixes all issues on video file in just few steps.
- Fixes MOV file and MP4 file that is not playable on QuickTime player
- Provides free preview of repaired MOV and MP4 videos before saving them
- User friendly interface and simple steps makes the MOV and MP4 video repair process easier and simpler
- Windows operating system – Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP etc.
- Mac operating system – Mac versions like Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Lion and many others.
Important note: While repairing corrupt movie files, make sure that the healthy file should be shot from the same camera as that of the corrupted file and both the files should have same codecs.
Know some of the instances that results in corruption of movie file
- Header Corruption: File header is a place where all file attributes are stored like file size, time duration, file location etc. If any sort of damage occurs to this section, then movie file became severely damaged and inaccessible.
- Codec Issues: In order to play the MOV files, the media player must contain a supporting codec. Unfortunately, at certain times the issues on codec can also impact the playing MOV files and corrupt it by altering movie file structure. Thus, this event damages the MOV videos making them unplayable.
- Transfer Error: Interruptions such as abnormal system termination while transferring your movie files from external drive to computer or vice versa also leads to movie file corruption
However, in all the above scenarios MOV file might get corrupt and become unplayable. Some of the indications of movie file corruption include audio video synchronization issues, codec issues and many more. But, Remo Repair MOV software comes in handy to repair movie file easily in just few simple steps.
Points to be remembered
- Don’t try to access you corrupt MOV file multiple times, as it will leads to further file corruption
- Never interrupt while transferring your MOV file from one media device to another
- Backup your important MOV files, so that you can compensate in case of MOV file corruption or damage