As an Outlook user you may come across various issues with Outlook data file. Most of the issues arise due to the PST file corruption. Thinking, what is the reason behind PST file corruption? Well, here are some of the common reasons that result in PST file corruption.
- Improper Up gradation of Outlook: You may want to upgrade Outlook to make use of the new features. While upgrading it, if you forcefully terminate the process or if you follow improper methods then it may corrupt Outlook data file making it inaccessible
- If PST File Exceeds Size Limit: If the Outlook data file exceeds its size limit then it becomes oversized which may damage the PST file. (This usually occurs in case of Outlook 2003 and earlier version).
- Using Unreliable Tool: At times, you may want to import / export Outlook PST file to a new environment due to some reason. While importing or exporting Outlook data if you make use of unreliable tool then it might result in PST file corruption.
Not just this, there might be several other reasons responsible for the PST file corruption. When PST file gets corrupt it may refuse to open, Outlook would stop responding or you might encounter some error messages. In such situations, it is necessary to fix Outlook PST file to regain access to your Outlook data.
How to fix PST file?
To repair Outlook data file, Microsoft provides in-built tool- ScanPST. This tool helps in identifying the issues of PST files and fixes it. While repairing PST file, this tool scans PST file identifies issues and tries to rebuild the structure of the file. In case, if it fails to fix the issues of PST file, it may get modified further as the tool works on the original PST file and this reduces the recovery chances even more.
Moreover, to use scanpst.exe in case of Outlook 2007, it must be searched manually. Also, the location of PST file usually differs for different Outlook versions. But, from Outlook 2010 onwards, Scanpst.exe runs automatically to fix issues. Besides, this ScanPST has to be run repeatedly until it says there are no more errors in the PST file. But, sometimes even after running scanpst.exe repeatedly, the errors may not be fixed and it may fail to repair Outlook account completely. However, this tool doesn’t guarantee to fix Outlook data file in several situations.
If scanpst.exe fails to fix the PST file issues, do you think your Outlook data is lost forever?
No, it is still possible to fix Outlook data file and access the Outlook data by accomplishing Remo Outlook PST Repair tool. This application guides you on how to repair Outlook PST file in a simple manner without losing any of the Outlook attributes. This application repairs PST file from various Outlook versions such as Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. While performing repair process, this tool scans the PST file, reads the data from the corrupt Outlook data file and then creates a new healthy file by removing all the errors with the help of advanced algorithm. Moreover, this tool doesn’t modify the original file while repairing the PST file. Thus the application keeps all your Outlook data safe.
Besides, this application lets you to repair password protected or encrypted PST files. After repair process, your entire PST attributes like emails, calendar items, contacts, tasks, RSS feeds, and others will be completely recovered and accessible. Outlook PST file Repair tool comes handy even in the following scenarios:
- To fix Outlook Profiles
- Restores deleted Outlook attributes from Deleted Items folder
- If PST file refuses to open and shows up error message
- If the Outlook opens in work off-line mode even after selecting online mode
- To fix indexing issues.
Other features of Remo Outlook PST Repair tool:
- You can fix oversized PST file
- After completion of the repair process, lets you to Preview repaired results
- If you are not aware of exact location of PST file, this tool searches and locates PST file
- Apart from repairing, it even helps you in restoring Outlook items that are lost due to various reasons
- Works on all Windows OS such including Windows 10